Why Choose the Evolution®MP Knee Implant?
MicroPort Orthopedics believes your knee implant should feel normal and behave naturally during all the activities that make up your life. Traditional knee replacements have been shown to feel unstable and move in an unnatural way. The Evolution®MP was designed to address these limitations, providing patients with a natural-feeling implant that works like a healthy knee.
Traditional implants with a rotating hinge design only swing back and forth, and also are shown to decrease stability by sliding forward during everyday activities.2-3 But a normal knee pivots on its inner (medial) side. And when the knee bends, the outer (lateral) side rolls back, while the medial side rotates in one place. This is precisely how the Evolution®MP Knee implant was designed to move, and how it received its name – by replicating the bending, rotating and twisting of a healthy knee.
This ball-in-socket design maximizes stability throughout range of motion, and allows patients to walk down stairs, and complete other daily activities with confidence.
Stability You Can Count On
Studies have shown that instability is the leading cause of early revisions.4-5 And traditional implants cause instability during everyday activities like walking down stairs, bending, and squatting due to their limited design. The stability of Evolution®MP’s design achieves higher patient satisfaction when resuming everyday activities. In fact, clinical studies have shown that patients prefer the design of Evolution®MP over traditional knee implant designs.6
The Medial-Pivot Knee System by MicroPort Orthopedics has demonstrated higher patient satisfaction when compared to other knee replacement designs on the market, including Posterior Stabilized (PS), Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL), Mobile-Bearing (MB) and Anterior Cruciate Ligament-Posterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL-PCL).6
MicroPort Orthopedics has decades of experience producing revolutionary products that improve the lives of patients like you. Experience how the Evolution®MP Knee System exceeds the limitations of traditional knee replacements for yourself. Visit our surgeon locator to schedule an appointment today.
- Arthritis and Total Knee Arthroplasty: Knee Implant Procedures http://seniors-health-medicare.suite101.com/article.cfm/arthritis_and_total_knee_arthroplasty#ixzz0gHPzocel Mark McBride, MD ; Prakash Thulasimani. Nov 3, 2009. Accessed: Feb. 22, 2010.
- Dennis DA, Komistek RD, Mahfouz MR, Haas BD, Stiehl JB. Multicenter determination of in vivo kinematics after total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003
- Schmidt R, Komistek RD, Blaha JD, Penenberg BL, Maloney WJ. Fluoroscopic analyses of cruciate-retaining and medial pivot knee implants. Nov;(416):37-57.
- Firestone T. Surgical management of symptomatic instability following failed primary total knee replacement. J Bone Joint Surg; 2006, 83(4): 80-4
- Blaha D. Kinematics of the knee and total knee prosthesis design. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2002 Vol. 84-Bno. SUPP I 75-i-76
- Pritchett JW. Patients prefer a bicruciate-retaining or the medial pivot total knee prosthesis. J Arthroplasty. 2011; 26(2): 224-8.